WEB PRESS MAINTENANCE / REPAIR SPECIALIST (AUBURN, CA)
BREHM COMMUNICATIONS, INC. (BCI), a well-established mulltimedia and newspaper organization, is seeking a Web Press Maintenance / Repair Specialist for its Gold Country Media division, located in Auburn, California. One of the many benefits that sets BCI apart is its growth-inspired, positive, supportive company environment.
SUMMARY Gold Country Media (GCM) is a multimedia company based in the heart of the Califomia Gold Country (Auburn, CA). Gold Country Printing (GCP) is a division of Gold Country Media, publishers of the Auburn Journal, Roseville Press-Tribune, Folsom Telegraph and several other BCI newspapers and niche magazines. GCP prints these publications on web presses, as well as about 100 different publications for other publishers throughout Northern California and Nevada. Customers include neighborhood newspapers and magazines, ethnic newspapers, senior magazines, direct mail and racked shoppers, high school newspapers, entertainment newspapers, equestrian magazines, ﬁshing magazines, spiritual publications and more.
GCP is seeking an experienced WEB PRESS MAINTENANCE / REPAIR SPECIALIST to who will be responsible for maintaining a DGM430/Goss Community web press with 26 total units. This press breaks down as having six 4-high towers (one set up for UV) and one 2-high unit. This press line has two folders linked to it; one Tensor H50 folder and one Goss SSC folder. In addition, this person will be responsible for maintaining 4 Megtec and 2 Enkel splicers.
We are searching for someone who has high energy and the ability to lead by example. Must have at least five years of experience and must be capable of running the press on occasion. Position will be on day shifts and could also include occasional weekends.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE The Web Press Maintenance / Repair Specialist troubleshoots repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep presses operational. The Web Press Maintenance / Repair Specialist plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime. Position will be on day shifts and could also include occasional weekends. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Safely performing mechanical preventative maintenance procedures and repairs to web offset printing presses and auxiliary equipment while maintaining accurate Preventative Maintenance (PM) records
- Troubleshooting, testing, analyzing and repairing of precision machinery and auxiliary equipment utilizing blueprints schematics, manufacturer’s specifications and manuals
- Performs all work efficiently with an understanding of the urgency of press downtime
- Emphasizes proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Maintain and repair components and systems such as bearings, gears, clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives, gearboxes, air compressors, pneumatic systems, natural gas fire ovens and pollution control systems, AC/DC motors, chilled water systems and related controls
- May perform basic welding and machinist tasks
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of five years of experience and working knowledge of precision test and calibration equipment to perform preventative maintenance to web offset printing presses is required
- Thorough understanding of components and systems, bearings, clutches, gears, belted and shafted drives and pneumatic systems is also required
- Ability to perform math functions, understand and follow instructions (both verbal and written)
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve press and equipment malfunctions
- Ability to follow safety instructions while performing tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with Press Operators, crew members and management is necessary Flexibility to work a 12-hour rotating schedule, including days, nights, weekends, OT and holidays and work on-call as needed is required
- Must provide own set of tools (tool list will be provided at interview stage) and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
Please submit your resume, three (3) professional references, and salary history and salary expectations/requirements in a PDF or Word format only to P-JOBS@GoldCountryMedia.com with Email subject line: GCP WEB PRESS MAINTENANCE / REPAIR SPECIALIST or by mail to Attention: Human Resources (GCP), Brehm Communications, Inc., PO Box 28429, San Diego, CA 92198.
"If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed, the vision pulls you." -- Steve Jobs